America needs to eliminate the debilitating issues that are sapping our national strength to no national end. They overwhelm our senses with constant sound and fury about how badly we treat the less fortunate or the less capable. We do not! No one in this country, citizen or non-citizen, legal or illegal, no matter the race, creed, color, gender, orientation or other variable of nature – no one – is abandoned to the whims of chance and circumstance.
Because of our wonderful charitable tradition – led, almost exclusively by the Judeo-Christian faithful of our society (not the “Christmas Catholics”) and other “angels-of-mercy” among us – Americans do everything that is humanly possible in the modern world to search out, provide for and serve any and all who ask for, or need, help. No one is turned away from getting the assistance they need to survive, recover and rise again – no one. It takes care, commitment, coordination, compassion and common sense and these qualities are here in America in abundance and it is time to recognize and celebrate – in academia, the press/media, Hollywood and politics – all that we do.
The other significant source of social conflict in America is the constant and continual sound and fury targeted at the non-PLDC segments of society – the 62 million voters who rebelled against the coronation of Hillary Clinton as President. Although diversity is the mantra of the PLDC, it doesn’t include diversity of thought or opinion when it comes to politics and any and all issues historically debated in the public square.
The great social issues of the day are not national scandals or embarrassments. They are conditions of the modern world that we are mismanaging. Just look at the chaos in the rest of the world. We are the ones they call for help. Recall that in Matthew 26:11, Jesus said, “The poor you will always have with you…” He calls on us to minister to them with the admonishment that “…what you do for the least of My brethren, you do for Me.” America walks this walk every day.
But, we must only expend national and human capital on what works and on who is making it work. Those less fortunate or less capable can benefit more from the example they see rather than from handouts they get. It is the capable in our society who create the opportunities for all. Let’s concentrate on freeing them from the shackles of government interference with, and bureaucratic bungling of, their freedoms and liberties and set them free to create all that they can and, in turn, lift us all, including those who really need our help because they are truly not capable of managing life by themselves.
Our freedom and our liberties are unsustainable if this situation is not rectified because we cannot continue to waste our nation’s energy on mythological solutions!
Reports about pay inequality, unaffordable housing, starving children, urban violence, poor education, killing babies, the evil rich, free healthcare and more, dominate the national debate in governments, in the press/media and in our schools from K through college. They all have the same solution!
If the nuclear family, or even the extended family, in the great urban areas of the country could be encouraged and rewarded for committing themselves to their children – their sustenance, their socialization, their respect for others, their safety and educational welfare, we could recreate, in one generation, the patriotic, hard-working, civic-minded, self-reliant meritocracy that carried our “greatest generation” to victory over economic collapse and global tyranny in the first half of the last century.
One of the best examples of the effect of a strong nuclear family on the upbringing of children is that of the family of one of America’s iconic athletes, Kobe Bryant. Of all of the things that he could teach America’s young people, especially inner city youth, from the example of his youth and life in the spotlight – it is not basketball skills. It is his understanding, described everywhere he speaks, that for life to be fulfilling, and thereby successful, children must be allowed and encouraged to follow the well-marked path from curiosity, to purpose, to discovery, to growth, to creativity, to influence to significance – and to thereby earn their just rewards. Profound thoughts indeed. To which, I would add the caveat that creativity does not blossom in a bureaucracy – rather, it withers and dies.
Unfortunately, the progressive/liberals have a personal, self-centered and selfish stake in perpetuating these myths of an uncaring and incompetent society that only a government bureaucracy can fix. Like all “snake-oil salesmen”, they scurry from community to community announcing calamity after calamity for which only they have the remedy. They beat the drum for their unctuous solution until all reason is drowned out and then they close for the sale. A parable:
Speaking of drums – real life isn’t like Meredith Wilson’s The Music Man and everything doesn’t always turn out all right in the end. Remember, con man “Professor” (sort of like the present day “Reverend”) Harold Hill had a bad reputation by the time he got to River City. There was trouble in many prairie towns long before he arrived in Iowa. And, who did he target? The children, of course, their public school and Marion the librarian along with her music student, Amaryllis – a perfect progression to create a need for new band uniforms and ill-gained profit. In the end, everyone feels good so that apparently makes the fraud okay.
In real life however, feelings don’t solve problems – smart workers and hard work does. In America, of course, the “snake-oil salesmen” are the progressive/liberals. They run from one forum to another creating discontent by disparaging America and those who don’t agree with them, and promising to cure all ills with more government medicine. By giving away free samples, they make us all feel good. I guess that makes the fraud okay. Does this sound like life imitating art? It does to me. Until the con men are run out of River City, no one is safe.
It is simply stunning how the progressive/liberal/Democrat ideal of the American culture has required it to dismantle the essential structure and continuity of Western Civilization that has been erected by us and our ancestors from the dawn of recorded civilization. Our first history, of course, was recorded in the Old Testament of the Bible – a book that is revered by more than half the human race. Modern science continues to corroborate much of the history related in the ancient texts. Very little has ever been refuted. Is the Bible “biographically” accurate? No. The essence of events however, continues to defy attempts to discredit the text.
In the Book of Proverbs 6:16-19, among the verses traditionally associated with King Solomon, it states that the Lord specifically regards “six things the Lord hateth, and seven that are an abomination unto Him”, namely:
A proud look
- A proud look
- A lying tongue
- Hands that shed innocent blood
- A heart that devises wicked plots
- Feet that are swift to run into mischief
- A deceitful witness that uttereth lies
- Him that soweth discord among brethren
Over time, these have been reduced to the more common “seven deadly sins”, usually given as wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy and gluttony. Each is a form of “idolatry-of-self” wherein the subjective reigns over the objective. Sound familiar? Do moral relativism, secular humanism and situational ethics ring a bell?
When we look objectively at what has changed about America since 1945, particularly the assent of the “Cult of Celebrity”, all of these “vices” have become acceptable, even glorified in the popular culture and in particularly egregious cases, have been shielded from the rule of law. Virtually the entire progressive/liberal political platform is based on envy, rewards sloth, votes mindlessly for hubris (pride) as in the persons of PLDC supported Presidential candidates – the greedy Gore, the wrathful Kerry, the prideful Obama and the slothful Clinton in this century already – and celebrates wrath with their “politics of personal destruction” – and could there be any better ambassadors for lust, greed and gluttony than the King and Queen of Democrats – Bill and Hillary Clinton.
Based upon the results of the last Presidential election, there are approximately 63 million Americans who are primarily interested in the survival of our Constitutional republic, as envisioned by the Founders and molded by the generations of Americans who came to this land, assimilated and introduced their children to the Judeo/Christian culture, learned, taught, worked, invented, created, succeeded, failed then tried again and fought and died for the American Dream – and 66 million who aren’t.
These 63 million Americans, those that place patriotism above politics, are those who voted against a mortally and morally flawed candidate who promised a third-term of a failed President, a President who had only kept one promise – to end America’s involvement in war – not to win, just to leave and, in leaving, to deny, denigrate and dishonor the sacrifices of thousands of American service men and women and their families and to destroy the hope in the world for man’s last, best chance for ultimate peace.
This was a President who had assumed virtually all federal government power unto himself by governing by decree and (from widely available and multiple reliable sources);
· By ignoring the existence of the Congress and the Judiciary; by using the power of the Executive branch and allies in the media to lie to the American people about his universal health-care system. Although Obama had made a campaign promise to have all of the health care reform negotiations broadcast on C-SPAN, he broke that promise after he was elected.
· The secrecy of these negotiations was so strong that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-California) said, “We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it” and by allowing HHS Secretary Kathleen Sibelius to solicit donations from companies HHS might regulate. The money would be used to help her sign up uninsured Americans for Obamacare; and by lying about letting people keep their health insurance;
· By ordering dismissal of charges of voter intimidation, despite video evidence against members of the New Black Panther Party who had been videotaped intimidating voters and brandishing a police-style baton at a Philadelphia polling station during the November 2008 election;
· By endorsing the notorious “Fast & Furious” program that allowed weapons from the U.S. to “walk” across the border into the hands of Mexican drug dealers. The ATF lost track of hundreds of firearms, many of which were used in crimes, including the December 2010 killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and later, another American. Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress in May 2011 that he had just recently heard about the Fast and Furious gun walking scheme when there is ample evidence he had known much earlier;
· By insisting upon an economic stimulus bill in February 2009 to allegedly get the country “out of recession” that resulted in the wasting more than $1 trillion on failed and fraudulent programs. The recession ended in June 2009 before any stimulus money could be effectively spent. No audit of the bill’s results has ever been done. The resulting recovery from the “Great Recession” has been the slowest in post-war history and second only to the Roosevelt “faux recovery” of 1934-39.
· By using the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to illegally target and bring the full force and power of the federal government to bear upon his political opponents and then stonewalling the Congressional investigation and unilaterally deciding not to bring criminal charges against IRS functionaries, like Lois Lerner, who broke the law and then lied to Congress about it;
· By covering up the failures of the State Department, under the leadership of Hillary Clinton, to adequately protect our Ambassador to Libya as he was assassinated in Benghazi on September 11, 2012 and then falsely, knowingly and deliberately placing the blame on a U-tube video when consoling the grieving families – all in order to protect his election chances. “We’re going to go out and we’re going to prosecute the person that made that video,” Hillary Clinton told the father of one of the ex-SEALs killed in Benghazi – while supposedly honoring his son’s body at Dover AFB upon its return from Libya;
· By using the National Security Agency (NSA) to secretly spy on ordinary American citizens – even a simple candidate, then the presidential nominee of the Republican Party and then the President-elect himself;
· By putting the lives of America’s veterans at risk by his inaction toward the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) which had huge backlogs, causing long delays in seeing patients. Some patients died because they were not treated fast enough. The VA kept secret wait lists and doctored data to avoid disclosing the depth and breadth of the delays in order not to jeopardize salary bonuses for senior VA executives.
Although President Obama was warned about problems at the VA in 2009, no substantive oversight ever took place. Obama blamed wars in Afghanistan and Iraq – which he was not prosecuting anyway – and which had nothing to do with why records were altered;
· By having had Administration officials use Associated Press telephone records to listen in on private phone calls of Fox News reporter James Rosen and other journalists. Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress he had never been associated with “potential prosecution” of a journalist for perjury when in fact he signed the affidavit that termed Rosen a potential criminal;
· By allowing EPA Director Lisa Jackson used her private email to avoid the transparency of using her government email address to harass businesses by using the name “Richard Windsor” when corresponding by email with other government officials;
· During the Chrysler bankruptcy, violating the Fifth Amendment and more than 150 years of bankruptcy law by first ignoring and then illegally treating secured creditors worse than unsecured creditors. Some of these secured creditors were retired teachers and police officers;
· By nominating for the number two post at the Department of Homeland Security, Alejandro Mayorkas, who used his position to unfairly obtain U.S. visas for foreign investors in a company run by Hillary Clinton’s brother, Anthony Rodham;
· By increasing the national debt from less than $10 trillion when he took office to nearly $16 trillion before the 2012 election and on pace to break $20 trillion by the end of his second term – a whopping 100% increase in eight years and more additional debt than that accumulated by all of the Presidents who served before him!
· By his relationship with Jeremiah Wright (described above) and Bill Ayers. Although he has tried to downplay the Ayers connection, the following facts were evident but buried by the corrupted press/media.
According to Bill Ayers’ next door neighbor, Senator Barack Obama was a guest at a 4th of July party Ayers hosted in 2005. The date is significant because it effectively undercuts the claim, made by the Obama campaign during the 2008 election cycle, that Obama and Ayers were merely acquaintances who had only crossed paths a few times since 2000. Obama’s attendance at the party suggests they were friends.
The claim that Obama hadn’t “spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail” with Ayers since 2005 appears in retrospect to have been a “Clintonian” parsing of the truth. In fact, it appears they spoke face-to-face at Ayers 4th of July party. No one suggested that Ayers was a political adviser to candidate Obama. The suggestion was that the two men were friends and that the friendship might indicate that the two shared similar worldviews.
The Obama-Ayers connection began with the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), a school grant initiative which Ayers helped bring to Chicago. Obama was later selected to be the Chairman of the Board for the CAC. Overlooked is the more obvious (and easily documented) connection.
Various boards on which Obama sat in the late ’90s granted nearly $2 million dollars to Bill Ayers’ Small Schools Workshop. The workshop’s webpage notes over one million dollars granted to Ayers’ project by the CAC, but the Woods Fund and Joyce Foundation (on whose Boards Obama also sat) granted nearly an additional million in donations to Ayers’ group during the same time period.
In addition to donations to Ayers’ Small Schools Workshop group, the same foundations donated $761,100 to a related group run by Ayers’ brother, John Ayers. In fact, in 2001 Obama would join the “leadership council” of a successor to the CAC called the Chicago Public Education Fund. Also on the leadership council of the group was Bill Ayers’ brother John. (Documents demonstrating this connection have been hidden from view on the internet archive using robots.txt).
It’s easy to claim that Obama and Ayers weren’t “close.” It’s much harder to deny the connection implied by the nearly $3 million dollars Obama helped direct to Bill Ayers and his brother. Finally, one of the arguments the Obama campaign used in 2008 was the suggestion that Bill Ayers radicalism was a thing of the distant past by the time Obama knew him:
A review of records of the school’s project and interviews with a dozen people who know both men, suggest that Obama has played down his contacts with Mr. Ayers. This is extremely dishonest as it suggests that the only objectionable thing about Bill Ayers is his history as a domestic terrorist. Surely that would be enough for many people, but even putting his past aside, there is ample evidence that Ayers is as radical now as he was then.
On September 11, 2001, Ayers was profiled by The New York Times (again?) in a piece which opened with Ayers saying “I don’t regret setting bombs…I feel we didn’t do enough.”
In 2010, Ayers’ wife and fellow terrorist, Bernadine Dohrn said in an interview that she and Bill “are radicals today” and added “we think the real terrorist is the American government.” Ayers was also in Union Square telling anyone who would listen “I get up every morning thinking today…I’m going to end capitalism.”
This is the adult who Barack Obama befriended in Chicago. Ayers’ methods have certainly changed since the ’60s, but his commitment to bringing down the American system has been a constant throughout his life. Therefore, it’s fair to ask what Obama saw in Ayers, the committed anti-capitalist radical. Given Ayers’ consistently extreme views on America and government, wasn’t that worth exploring?
As a closing argument – in spite of all of the evidence presented above, the progressive /liberal/Democrat darlings that dominate the information superhighway that modern academia/journalism/media has become, are still in denial about the decimation of American culture and the decline in America’s vital influence for good around the world. Don’t believe me? Read on:
Part-time singing diplomat and Barack Obama supporter James Taylor doesn’t just think the U.S. president is great — he believes Obama is the greatest of all-time.
“I’ve been watching politics since (Dwight) Eisenhower and Adlai Stevenson, when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, and Obama is my favorite, favorite president,” Taylor said in an interview. “I am just thankful for every day that he’s in office. I am so proud that he represents my country and I think he represents me — I think he represents the America that I know.”
A group of university professors has signed a letter showing their solidarity with students who tried to ban the American flag at the University of California, Irvine – because they said Old Glory contributes to racism.
“U.S. nationalism often contributes to racism and xenophobia and to intimidate,” read a letter obtained by the website, and that the paraphernalia of nationalism is in fact often used to oppose Campus Reform.
A conservative student group at a Washington, DC, college has been branded a “hate group” and fears it could lose its funding for refusing to take part in gay, lesbian and transgender-oriented sensitivity training.
Members of the Young America’s Foundation student organization at The George Washington University believe the traditional values they espouse merit a religious exemption from taking part in the training. They are asking the student government to allow them to sit out the LGBT sensitivity training, and a requirement that they use the “preferred pronouns” of the people they address or refer to.
Allied in Pride, a campus LGBTQ group, told The College Fix that the Young America’s Foundation is guilty of “intolerance and a pattern of hate” for inviting former Sen. Rick Santorum, a conservative Republican, to speak. The group also stated the conservative club’s funding should be revoked. (Freedom of speech, anyone???)
So, what is the significance of these 63 million citizens mentioned above? With an American electorate of about 250 million citizens – that leaves about 190 million people, including 66 million who either cannot rationally choose their President for any number of reasons (many of which have been described earlier) and the rest who just don’t care – about 75%. That means that only 25% of the population understands the choice we face – independence or servitude to the federal government.
That is not a surprising number for America. For instance, in the War for Independence, the colonial population was about 2 million, of whom about 200,000 Patriots fought for independence, about 10%. (One could double that number to 400,000 if it included Patriot families). About twice that many were Loyalists, i.e. 20%, who fled after the British defeat. That left about 60% who didn’t care.
Then, about 20% of the population understood the choice they were facing – independence or servitude to the English Crown – and chose to stand and fight or support those who fought. Today, about 25% (the 66 million who voted for the Obama described above, and then, Hillary Clinton) are “loyalists” – loyal to the progressive/ liberal agenda – leaving about 50% who don’t care. So apparently, it is not much different today but, if the past is prologue, we will win. (Of course, the new “loyalists” won’t leave voluntarily – they will have to be removed from society, or at least political society. Keep that in mind.)
So, what has all this post-war “Patriot to Politico” discussion really been about? Power! Proving without doubt these famous observations:
“Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton, 1st Baron Acton, 1887;
“It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it…” Aung San Suu Kyi, Nobel Peace Prize winner and freedom fighter from Burma.
“There are only two motivators in life – fear and greed!” Multiple sources.
The pursuit and exercise of political power using gender, racial and economic guilt – not their own guilt, heavens no, your guilt about the plight of the poor and the outcast, so that they can guide you back to the light of understanding and, as your leaders, can exercise power for your own good as well as the good of the poor and downtrodden.
They use a disingenuous program of income redistribution – known as “blame the rich” – to induce an indoctrinated and unwittingly ignorant people to support federal government programs that don’t work – except for the benefit of those in power – which has been the raison d’etre for the progressive liberals for more than seventy years. It is time to end all pretense that it is anything other than raw political warfare against the American people. Next time: Sovereign to Supine.